* Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
* or more contributor license agreements. See the NOTICE file
* distributed with this work for additional information
* regarding copyright ownership. The ASF licenses this file
* to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
* "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
* with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
* software distributed under the License is distributed on an
* "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
* KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the
* specific language governing permissions and limitations
* under the License.
* Base class for directives which do input operations
* (e.g. <code>#include()</code>, <code>#parse()</code>, etc.).
* @author <a href="mailto:[email protected]">Daniel Rall</a>
* @since 1.4
public abstract class InputBase extends Directive
* Decides the encoding used during input processing of this
* Get the resource, and assume that we use the encoding of the
* current template the 'current resource' can be
* <code>null</code> if we are processing a stream....
* @param context The context to derive the default input encoding
* @return The encoding to use when processing this directive.
protected String getInputEncoding(InternalContextAdapter context)
Resource current = context.getCurrentResource();
if (current != null)
return (String) rsvc.getProperty(RuntimeConstants.INPUT_ENCODING);